Groupthink occurs when group members choose not to voice their concerns or objections because they would rather keep the peace and not annoy or antagonize others. Sometimes groupthink occurs because the group has a positive team spirit and camaraderie, and individual group members don’t want that to change by introducing conflict. It can also occur because past successes have made the team complacent where Conformity is the process of matching attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors to group norms. Conformity can be caused by a willingness to follow rules, comply with leadership wishes, and the desire for a sense of protection and security.
*Groupthink can happen in any organization, big or small, business or non-profit, and private or public. The key is to realize when it is happening in a group setting and then make the right changes that best fit the organization’s goals and objectives.
Read the case study using the link (https://www.cfo.com/strategy/2007/11/group-therapy/) After reading the case study perform a case study analysis use the following guidelines to write your paper:
Case study analysis should be done in a thoughtful and well-written manner. This analysis should also investigate a business problem or issue, examine possible solutions, and propose an effective action-based recommendation. This assignment is to be at least 3 pages long (and not more than 5), not including title and reference pages
· Introduce the topic and summarize the paper.
The main body of the paper
· What are the general concepts of groupthink?
· How can groupthink impact group decision making?
· What are some ways to eliminate groupthink in a group environment?
· Provide a personal example of groupthink in an organization that you have been part of.
· Provide a summary of the paper.
· Provide an overview of what the reader should take away from the paper (purpose).
case study: decision making | Management homework help