Erp system and security threat
The CEO of the manufacturing company you are currently consulting for is planning to have a cross-functional division off-site meeting. The structure of the off-site meeting is segmented into small 30-minute breakout sessions. You have been asked to lead a discussion on the discovery of other viable ERP solutions and how the various aspects of customer-driven business involve and impact SCM, CRM, and ERP systems.
Search the Internet and/or University Library for various ERP software systems that are available.
Determine the main selection criteria ERP packages have in common (e.g., features, benefits, modules, and functionality).
Select three packages from your research and create a table summarizing the results of your research. Be sure to compare and contrast the major features and how each package handles SCM and CRM.
Distinguish how the various aspects of customer-driven business involve and affect SCM, CRM, and ERP systems.
Prepare a 15- to-20 slide, multimedia-rich presentation with audio. The presentation should include:
- Comparison table of your three selected ERP software packages
- Details of each system
Table of comparisons
- SCM, CRM, ERP and their relationship to a customer-driven business
- Description of how ERP software can solve business problems
- IT department tasks in setting up an ERP and for ongoing maintenance of an ERP
- Summary with your conclusion
Part 2 – Security Threat Analysis:
The manufacturing company had a significant security breach last year. The company’s CIO has asked you to write a white paper outlining the security threats of ERPs and how to minimize the company’s risks.
Select one of the three ERP options you compared in Part 1. After doing some additional research, write a 2 to 3-page analysis by answering the following questions:
- How are security threats harmful to SCM, CRM, ERP systems?
- Why would hackers target SCM,CRM, and ERP systems?
- What responsibility do organizations have to keep the data in SCM, CRM, and ERP systems secure? What responsibility do they have if there is a data breach?
- What security controls are built into your chosen ERP system?
- Through your research, what security breaches of your chosen ERP system could you find and what was used in the attacks (a backdoor program, a trojan-horse virus, etc.)?
- What types of attacks are you most worried about for your chosen ERP system?
- How would you set up the following elements to minimize the risk of security threats for your chosen ERP system?
- Risk Assessment
- Security Governance
- Security Controls
- Security Auditing Protocols
- Security Monitoring
Format any references according to APA guidelines.