1.Develop a Power Point presentation that includes the following criteria
2.Review the two articles by Shirey for application:
Shirey, M. (2012). Strategic leadership for organizational change: How resilient are your team members? Journal of Nursing Administration,42(12), 551–553 (attached as a pdf)
Shirey, M. (2013). Strategic leadership for organizational change: Lewin’s theory of planned change as a strategic resource. Journal of Nursing Administration,43(2), 69–72 (attached article under 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 images in that order)
3. As a nurse manager, what are the “take-aways” from these two articles that could be applied in the future? Is there any strategy that the author described that would not be useful? Why or why not?
4. Based on previous clinical and work experiences, identify one practice-based change seen implemented on a nursing unit.
5. Select a clinical change: one that impacts patient care and involves a number of staff, including licensed and unlicensed personnel.
6. Using Lewin’s Stages of Change, identify, by stage, the activities and responses that you observed or experienced, by both the manager and the staff. Give specific examples of behaviors observed with each phase
7. If this was not a situation that was personally experienced, identify (along with other group members) anticipated activities and responses by staff and the manager, applying what is known about organizational change in health care.
8. The PowerPoint presentation should not be more than 8 slides (excluding the title slide and reference slide) and 5-10 minutes in length. Be complete and concise. Use bulleted statements not complete sentences or paragraphs.
9. Use APA format for PPT, which always includes a title slide, a reference slide, and APA requirements. Resources found in APA Documents/Resources.