Imagine you are selected for an internship for the chief information officer (CIO) of a prestigious health care organization. In your first meeting with the CIO, she asks for your help preparing a presentation she is giving to the board. The organization is considering expanding into an integrated health care delivery system and wants the CIO to present on the differences in IT organizational and functional needs for a teaching hospital, a radiology outpatient clinic, and a home health care agency that will become part of the integrated delivery system.Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper using Microsoft® Word that discusses the differences in IT organizational and functional needs for the integrated delivery system. Consider the following questions as you write the paper:
- Discuss whether each type of organization will need a dedicated IT operations department. Consider the following departments:
- Desktop services department
- Network operations department
- Application programming department
- Interface development department
- Help desk
- Discuss the possibility of combining some of departments to serve all of the entities.
- Identify which of the IT functions should be delivered on sites at each facility with the necessary service level agreements (SLAs).
- Identify which ITorganizational and functional needs are most efficiently delivered on a consolidated basis.
- Describe the risks, benefits, and service delivery changes associated with each alternative consolidated IT organization.
Format according to APA guidelines.
Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references.