1. Why do firms borrow in foreign currencies? Was Sask Power justified in borrowing in US dollars?
2. Should Sask Power be concerned with fluctuations in the U.S. dollar exchange rate?
3. What is a foreign currency swap? Can foreign currency swaps help Sask Power hedge the currency exposure in its U.S. dollar debt?
4. How would you assess whether the swap proposed in the case is a fair deal?
5. If you were in the place of the management of Sask Power in 2002, would you consider hedging the currency exposure? If yes, which hedging strategy would you adopt?