Please read the following case study and compose responses to the questions at the end of the case.
• 1. Why is it important to manage burnout? What are the short-term and long-term costs for organizations? Should it be an organization’s responsibility to manage burnout?
• 2. Are there any organizational benefits to proactively minimizing burnout? How about any economic benefits for countries?
• 3. Do you think national cultural differences or industry factors (if any) influence work culture leading to burnout?
• 4. What are some of the risks of proactively managing burnout using unlimited vacation policy, flexible work arrangements, or remote work? Do you think the benefits of adopting these practices would outweigh the costs?
• 5. What can an employee do to prevent burnout for themselves and for their organizations?